Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Settling Dust

How long has it been? Weeks?

A lifetime can happen in weeks, so I'll give you the synopsis and fill in the blanks over the next few days.

* Finished the big move into Roi's house, by the skin of my teeth.
* Discovered that this pain in my hands, the swelling in my joints, etc, it likely Rheumatoid Arthritis. That on top of psoriasis on the sole of one foot and other symptoms over the last couple of years since I was bitten by a tick is making me worried.
* Have been on several bike rides. One of the saving graces of this new place is that it is comfortably close to a vast network of bike paths. I love biking and I had missed it.
* I'm discovering just how needy and negative Roi really is.
* Kyd came and stayed for a few days to help, but it ended badly. I haven't heard from him since.
* Lexi loves the new place.
* I haven't had enough time to catch my breath, never mind figure out how I feel about all this.
* I turned 40 and realized that what bothers me about it is not so much the adding of another year, but the subtraction.

Be back soon with more details. Promise.

4 comments:

  1. The last part was really deep. Made me think. I've never heard it put that way before.

    Also, I've heard before that living with someone (especially on 'their' turf) really gives you a good sense of who they are.

    Thank goodness for bike trails! We have about 167 miles of trails in our area, something like that, and I love it. I can't wait until my son is older and we can ride together and not with him on the back of my bike, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Lexi liking the new place and the bike trails.

    Living with someone is a whole different ball game, it exposes their weaknesses. I hope this move works for you..

    Just came across your blog today and I must say, you are a really good writer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, yes, thank goodness for bike trails! I expect them to save my sanity this fall. When winter comes, that's another story.

    Anonymous, thanks for finding this blog and the compliment. I'm highly doubtful this move will work for me long term. I see it as a temporary reprieve whilst I get myself back to health and decide what I want to do from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE and hoping for some serious R&R for you soon. And also that you do NOT have arthritis, but something easier to fix. <3

    ReplyDelete